- Application for registration under FCRA can be filed any time after registration of the organization, but the organization with a considerable past history of activities have a greater chance of convincing the FCRA authorities with regard to genuineness and the relevance of their purpose.
An organization which is having a definite cultural,economic, educational, religious or social programme but has not obtained the certificate of registration can not accept foreign contribution without prior permission. An application under sub-section (2) of section 11 for obtaining prior permission of the Central Government to receive foreign contribution shall be made electronically on-line in Form FC-4 which shall contain details regarding the organization and shall be followed by forwarding the hard copy of the on-line application duly signed by the Chief Functionary of the Association together with the required documents as asked for in the Form.
Every certificate of registration issued to a organisation shall be liable to be renewed after the expiry of five years from the date of its issue on proper application. Every organisation shall apply to the Central Government in Form FC-5, six months before the date of expiry of the certificate of registration, for its renewal. A organisation implementing an ongoing multi-year project shall apply for renewal twelve months before the date of expiry of the certificate of registration. An application made for renewal of the certificate of registration shall be accompanied by a fee of Rs.500/- (Five Hundred only). The fee for renewal of the certificate of registration shall be remitted by demand draft or banker’s cheque in favour of the “Pay and Accounts Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs”, payable at New Delhi. In case no application for renewal of registration is received or such application is not accompanied by the requisite fee, the validity of the certificate of registration of such organisation shall be deemed to have ceased from the date of completion of the period of five years from the date of the grant of registration.
- After sanction of project as per official memorandum of understanding between your NGO and our Company you will be required to pay the percentage of commission/fee.
- Organizations desirous of registering themselves with the FCRA department are required to apply in form FC 3 along with required documents.
- The FCRA department may ask the intelligence bureau for a report on which FCRA department decides whether to accept or reject the application.
- The FCRA department issues a registration certificate and provides a permanent registration number, which is required to be quoted in all future correspondence and filing of returns and forms. Under certain circumstances application for registration will be refused if it affects the sovereignty and integrity of India.
As is required for registration under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act., the hard copy of the on-line application is supposed to reach the Central Government within thirty days of filing of the on-line application, failing which the request of the person shall be deemed to have ceased and in case the application has ceased, the person can make new application but only after six months from the date of cessation of previous application. Even when a person requires prior permission to recieve fund under FCRA, he/she has to open an exclusive bank account for the same, same as is required for registration under FCRA.
Click Here To Read More
If the validity of the certificate of registration of a organisation has ceased in accordance with the provisions of these rules, a fresh request for the grant of a certificate of registration may be made by the organisation to the Central Government as per the provisions of rule 9. In case a organisation provides sufficient grounds, in writing, explaining the reasons for not submitting the certificate of registration for renewal within the stipulated time, his application may be accepted for consideration along with the requisite fee, but not later than four months after the expiry of the original certificate of registration.